Gamers of PS4 wonder, Can You Play PS4 Games On PS5? Sony has unveiled new details about the backward compatibility of games from PS4 to PS5.PlayStation 5 will support most of the games from PS4 through backward compatibility – you can play a huge collection from PS4 on the next-generation console.
PS4 Games Playable on PS5 Consoles
More than 4,000 PS4 games will be playable on the PS5. Some of these games will get the Game Boost feature, which will make them run at higher or smoother frame rates.
Even though these games will be playable on the PS5 console, some features that were available on the PS4 will not be available on the PS5. In addition, some PS4 games may experience errors or a variety of “glitches” when played on the PS5.
You will also need the PS VR helmet on the PS5 for those PS4 games that require it.
You should always update your PlayStation 5 software to ensure that everything works properly.
Games that are not supported by PlayStation 5
Most PS4 games will work on PS5, but there are some that are not supported by PlayStation 5. Below is a list of these PS4 games that cannot be played on the PS5 console and will be marked “Can only be played on PS4” on the PS Store.
The list of PS4-only games:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
- Just Deal With It!
- Shadow Complex Remastered
- Robinson: The Journey
- We Sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner
Playing PS4 discs on PS5
- Insert the game disc from your PS4. You may need to download an update.
- The game disc must always be in the PS5 to be able to play the game.
- PS4 game discs cannot be used with the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Transferring digital games from your PS4 to your PS5
- You can transfer digital games and saved data from your PS4 to your PS5 console using Wi-Fi data transfer.
- You can play PS4 games on PS5 from an external drive.
Installing the digital version of the game for PS4 on PS5
- In the Library, select the game you want, download it, and after installing the right part to play.
Can You Use PS4 Controller on PS5?
- The DualSense wireless controller, DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, and third-party controllers officially licensed by PlayStation will work on the PS5 with supported PS4 games.
- Dedicated peripherals such as officially licensed racing steering wheels, arcade joysticks, and regular joysticks will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
- PS Move Motion Controller and PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.
- For maximum convenience, use the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller when playing PS4 and PS VR games on the PS5.
- Games that are designed exclusively for the PS5 are not compatible with the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
- To adjust the controller’s vibration intensity on the PS5, select Settings > Accessories > Controllers > Vibration Intensity.
- Wireless headsets Platinum and Gold, as well as third-party headsets connected via USB port or audio jack, will work on the PS5 (the companion headset app is not compatible with the PS5).
Limitations on PS5 backward compatibility features
- The Share menu will not work on the PS5. Instead, a new menu called Create is used to create screenshots and video clips
- HD Camera not compatible with PS4 games – connect your PlayStation Camera through the PlayStation Camera adapter.
- HDR is automatically enabled on the PS5. To turn HDR off, go to Settings > Screen and Video > Video Output > HDR and select SDR.
- The PS4 tournament feature is not supported on PS5.
- Streaming PS4 games is not supported on PS5.
- PS5 consoles do not support “Second Screen from PS4” and other companion applications.